Wow, Malachi is two weeks old! At our two week check up he had gained 1.25 pounds and grew a quarter of an inch. The doctor said he looks great and we are doing a great job. Malachi is staying strong and healthy, unlike his mother though.
Turns out recovery isn't all that bad, if you don't have an infection in your uterus. Last Sunday I wasn't feeling well so I began reading over the discharge papers from the hospital to see if what I was feeling was normal. Turns out it wasn't. There was a list of five symptoms that stated if you have any of the following call your doctor immediately or go to the emergency room. I had all of them and my fever was a lot higher then what was listed on the paper. I called my doctor and after I told her what my fever was she didn't care to hear about my other symptoms and told me to go straight to the ER. My doctor even called the ER to let them know I was coming in and what was going on. So we arrived at the ER at 10pm, saw the doctor at 10:20, was given medicine at 11pm, admitted to stay over night at 2am, given three different antibiotics, and moved into a room with a bed for Chris and Malachi so I wouldn't be alone. There was some confusion as to how long I needed to stay, but one call to my doctor and she released me from the hospital Tuesday morning. Needless to stay we were all ready to be done with the hospital considering we were just there a week ago. I am on two antibiotics now, one of which totally kills my whole immune system so I'm prone to get any illness under the sun if I'm not careful. But I'm feeling great and we are getting out and about.
Yesterday, July 26th, we went to a party at my mom's house so the rest of the family could meet Malachi for the first time, and so my mom could show him off to all her friends and co-workers. We had a great time and Malachi was amazing, even with all the noise and people. We took the camera and took a few pictures, but none with any family. Sooner or later we will get the camera thing down and capture every moment. Chris and I are still learning. At the request of my Uncle Mike though, I need to post more pictures. So this blog will be full of pictures and we will try to take more.
Tomorrow, Monday July 28th, we are going to Denver again. Missy, our cat (or my cat as Chris would say), is getting declawed. So we are staying at Grandma's house tomorrow while we wait to pick Missy up on Tuesday. So we have planned a little outing with Malachi, not that he will really be awake for it or even be able to see any of it. It has been a while since Chris and I have both been to the Denver Zoo, so we've decided to go. Don't worry, we'll take lots of pictures this time. So continue to check our blog and find updates and more pictures of our growing boy.
Love,
Cassie, Chris, and Malachi
1 comment:
De-clawed cats are wonderful!!!! How is Missy doing with Malachi??? I bet Avalon's going to go nuts when he's here!!!
Post a Comment