So as you all know we had our cat, Missy, de-clawed a week ago. When we got home she hid downstairs for two days while she recovered. Of course I checked on her every few hours to make sure she was doing ok. Day three: at home, she finally came out of hiding. We had the screen door open so she ventured outside. She just sat outside watching her surroundings. I noticed she didn’t really seem like herself. She was a lot calmer, not playful and crazy as she use to be. Chris liked the change and hoped she would stay that way. I on the other hand wasn’t happy with the change and wanted my Missy back; the Missy that chased me around the house and attacked my feet under the blanket.
Yesterday she came back to me. She was back to her old self, chasing me around the house, attacking my feet, chasing bugs outside; back to the old playful Missy. Chris found her favorite toy yesterday too (the orange and purple ball in the pictures). She hasn’t stop playing with it either. Her favorite thing to do is to try and put it in the water dish and then try to get it back out. I thought cats didn’t like water and here my cat is playing in it. There is one sad thing though. When she chases you up the stairs she always stopped at her scratching post and then raced you up the stairs. Last night she made her usual stop at the scratching post, but just slide down. It was sad to see her just sitting there staring at her post as if to wonder why she wasn’t catching on. It didn’t faze her too long though because she jumped on the stairs and raced me to the top, only to attack my hand when I got there.
There are two new changes with Missy and both I can live with. One, Chris is paying more attention to her, petting and playing with her (now that her claws are gone he isn’t afraid of her anymore). Two, she loves to cuddle. At night as soon as I turn off the light she curls up under my chin. She is a lot more affectionate and I love it. Missy is doing great with Malachi also. When he cries she sits and stares, when we lay him on the floor she watches over him. She makes a better guard dog than our dogs do. I’m so happy to have my Missy back!!
Swimming Lessons
14 years ago





2 comments:
I'm glad your kitty is "back" and making you happy! Avalon was like that too.... really down after she got de-clawed. But, they sure do recover quickly!!!! Aren't cats so much better than dogs???? :-)
They are better, especially compared to our dogs.
Post a Comment