Chris' mom came out from Wisconson to see her grandson. She arrived the 9th and had to leave the 16th of August. She enjoyed him from the very beginning. She was in the door for about two minutes and already demanded to hold him...from there, we could barely pry him from her grasp.
Jodie was a big help. She stayed up with Malachi a couple of nights, which allowed us to get some uninterrupted sleep. She even took him for a whole day so we could get out and go hiking without having to worry about when the next diaper or feeding needed to happen. She also got Malachi a swing, which has been the best thing since sliced bread. He spends a lot of time in it (mostly because it helps put him to sleep).
Also while Jodie was here, Malachi had his baby dedication at Rocky Mountain Calvary on Saturday night the 9th. We took him on stage, gave him to Pastor Eric and he and the congregation prayed over Malachi. It went very well. Both grandma's were present which made the experience even better.
It was great to have Chris' mom come out, even for a week. The week went way too fast!
3 comments:
Yeah for Grandmas!!! I'm so glad she had the opportunity to see him and give you some personal time. Has Chris gone back to work?? I have lost all sense of time so I am not sure when he has to go back. You are awesome!!
That's awesome that you got some alone time with Chris... as much as you love your baby, I bet it was nice to get some "couple" time! Unfortunately, I start school the day you guys get here, so I don't know if David and I can give you that same luxury! :-) But, we'll make the most of our time together!!!!
Chris doesn't go back to work until the 22nd of September. Melissa we aren't coming to Montana to pawn off Malachi and have some free time, we are coming to see our friends whom we miss and thoroughly enjoy spending time with. Malachi sleeps a lot anyway so Chris and I get a lot of alone time.
Post a Comment