Yesterday we celebrated Chris's 25th birthday. We started it off with me breaking down and buying Chris an xbox 360. A friend of a friend was selling one and I just couldn't turn down the offer. It took a lot of work to make sure Chris didn't expect anything, with me making a trip to Denver to pick up the xbox. I had to come up with excuses to keep Chris from driving the car and taking our "SU-Van" (as Chris calls it) so he wouldn't notice the mileage. I also had to keep him from checking the bank account for two days. I gave in and told him I ended up getting him a gift and that he couldn't check the account until Thrusday.
He was so shocked and surprised to see the xbox Thrusday morning, he couldn't believe I actually bought him one. It made his day. He said it was the best present ever. We had some friends of ours babysit Malachi and we saw "Marley & Me" and loved it. It's not as good as the book, but we still enjoyed it. Then we went to dinner at Texas Road House, which we had a gift card for from Christmas (thanks Lynne). All in all we spent less than 20 bucks for his birthday, not including the xbox of course. Then we finished off the night with football, surprise surprise right? The NCAA Championship game with Oklahoma vs Flordia, Flordia won.
All in all he had a good birthday. Thanks David for helping me make the decision, thank you Kendi for having Tim call me, thank you Tim for selling us your xbox, and thank you Garrad's for watching the kiddos.
(Chris protested taking pictures)
Swimming Lessons
14 years ago
3 comments:
I am so glad he was surprised and so excited that he has one. Now we can all play together if we get the right games!! AHH!! Miss you!
Sounds like a great Birthday for Chris! :-) Yeah, the book was better, but I still loved the movie! It was so clean and good and it made me cry a lot, so therefore it was amazing. Anyway, I hope he likes the Xbox!
I'm glad that Tim broke down and sold his XBOX. I was proud of him. And I'm SO happy that Chris enjoyed his gift. I miss you guys already!! Kiss Malachi for me!
Post a Comment